Wednesday 20 April 2016

M is for Merry



Today is M day and I plan to watch The Merry Widow, if I can figure out how to work our old VHS player. I approach it in trepidation to spy out the land early in the morning, but I find I had worried about nothing; my husband, on hearing my plans for today, has set it all up and all I have to do is push in the tape.

The title role in this production is sung by our own Joan Sutherland, so I feel very patriotic and before I settle down to enjoy her performance I look her up on Wiki. I am astonished to find she was (when young) a dead ringer for my husband's dance teacher. Perhaps they are related. It really is quite spooky.

Dame Joan
It's a very entertaining morning watching this, despite constant interruptions from the telephone, doorbell etc.

Tomorrow will be brought to you by the letter N.


No comments:

Post a Comment