Tuesday 14 July 2015

Book review - Firebird's Snare, by Lynne Cantwell




This series is the ultimate in wish fulfillment as the Gods of all cultures join humanity in fixing climate change. If only it were true, I thought constantly as I read.

In this latest instalment of the Pipe Woman saga, we see the second generation heroes, Sage and Webb, journeying to the underworld to bring back the planet's stolen water. As always the action is smoothly paced, the characters, including the Gods, well drawn, and the background rich and complex. I never know whether I'm more in awe of the amount of research that must have gone into all these God characters from different mythologies, or the sheer chutzpah of using Jesus and Jehovah as characters.

This book felt a little shorter to me than the others in the series. I didn't measure the word count, so I am not sure whether the difference was real or merely apparent. It could have been simply that the story line is more single-threaded than in other books in the series. In any case, it provided the great read and satisfying conclusion I've come to expect from this author.

Firebird's Snare is available from AMAZON and SMASHWORDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment