Thursday 6 June 2013

Interview with Patti Roberts - On Writing Episodic Fiction, and the Witchwood Estate series - part II



TC: Indeed! And is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers today? Anything perhaps about your coming episode, or anything at all?

Patti Roberts: Just that I am so thrilled with this new series! An author friend of mine (Patricia Puddle) asked me today - "Do you ever take a day off for fun?" my answer was ... "Writing is fun. And taking a day off from it is not." I may not write every day, but my mind is constantly ticking over with new ideas, new twists, new plots, characters ... cliffhangers - now that is FUN! I love brainstorming with Leslie Hansford - we have spent hours doing that. FUN! Book 3 has a few new twists. A death ... and another new main Character introduced to sweep our leading ladies off their feet ...
Oh, and I can't finish without mentioning my wonderful team that help me make each episode of Witchwood Estate a reality:
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith - Proofreading & Editing, Leslie Hansford – Proofreading, Plot and Storyline Assistant, Chris Taylor (The Pagan Wildwood) – Poems, and Kathleen Evans (RavensWing), Advisory Witch.


Well, there you have it, readers - could episodic fiction be the next big thing to hit the publishing world? It certainly worked for Mr Dickens. Send your thoughts on this to me at Tabitha.Ormiston.Smith@gmail.com.
And if you have an opinion on who should play Alexandria in the television series of Witchwood Estate, send your nomination to Ms Roberts at pattiroberts7@gmail.com. One lucky reader will win free e-copies of episodes 1 and 2 of Witchwood Estate.


 












And finally, here is the author's dream cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment