Wednesday 30 March 2016

Open Letter to Amazon


Okay, you wanted feedback. Here it is. After spending almost eight hours in chat sessions and on the telephone without obtaining any help at all for my kindle malfunction, I've decided enough is enough. I'll be looking for another device, from another company, to replace my kindle.

It wouldn't have been so bad if your incompetent people could just admit they couldn't solve the problem. But to be told such a barefaced lie as that it is not possible for a kindle to read an ebook from another retailer, when I have been doing exactly that without a problem for almost nine years, and then to have that lie compounded by the incredible rudeness of the operator refusing to engage in any dialogue but just repeating the same thing over and over and over - well, you see, I've had enough. 

One lie told in the context of a relationship where money changes hands is, in my opinion, a deal breaker. Congratulations, Amazon, you just lost yourself a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment