Saturday 2 December 2023

A is for Accountability - Back in the Driver's Seat II

 On 13 January, I published my last post, which was all about getting back on with things, and here, at the other end of the year, are the results of my firm resolutions.

This was my work plan for 2023:

1. Get the Lending Rights claim sorted for Operation Badger. COMPLETED!

2. Publish Barefoot Tango. COMPLETED! Barefoot Tango is out in hardcover, paperback and ebook.

3. Publish Operation Checkout. COMPLETED! Operation Checkout is out in paperback and ebook. I don't do hardcovers for the Operation Tomcat series as they are fluff.

4. Publish my dragon book. IN PROGRESS. But I have been working away at it, and although the draft is not completed, I am up to the beginning of the resolution phase. Partly my own lack of energy and drive, partly a really nasty injury I sustained in June, which is only now starting really to mend, and partly a need for research have delayed this one. And I do have a title at last. The Dragon and the Dairymaid.

5. Publish the final revisions to Dance of Chaos and Gift of Continence hardcovers. COMPLETED!

6. Publish my science fiction novel, for which I also do not yet even have a title. I didn't get to this at all, because of my rule of only working on one draft at a time; it was only backup anyway, to be worked on if I finished the dragon book draft.

So, at the beginning of December, although I haven't completed everything, I've done a reasonable amount and this has included writing - I finished Operation Checkout, wrote most of it in fact, and I've nearly finished The Dragon. I'll be continuing with that, but December is a terrible month for getting work done, and even if I manage to write those final chapters, it is still a draft so will certainly not be published this year. 

There's still a lot of room for improvement. I haven't respected my working hours and if I were employed I'd have been sacked for not doing enough work many months ago. But it's so much better than last year. Going forward, I hope to get back to those four days a week that I decided was a fair work week so long ago.



These are the two books I've released this year. Both available at Amazon, Smashwords and all good online booksellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment